Monday, April 13, 2015

URBAN GUERILLA RACE 2015 - My feedback

3 in the morning I was already at the Ninoy Aquino Wildlife for the Urban Guerilla Race happened on 4/12/15. I was excited because this will be my first run this year and also my first guerilla race event.

I am very proud to see that my running friends and group mates who participated as Marshall in this event. Saludo ako sa kanila kasi Saturday night palang ay nasa event area na sila for the preparing the event area. I know this feeling na walang tulog, uligaga at etc kasi I feel this every time we have also a event. Bravo for them in making this event successful and also for wild support to me in doing this race.




The gunstart was not able to start on time because it still dark, and I understand the reason why the organizer move the gunstart once the sun shine because they really wanted only the safety of all participants.

I decided to run at Sprint Category, with minimum of 5 kms to 7 kms distance and 12+ obstacles.
What are the challenges/obstacle I encountered. Before that if you failed or you don't like to do the challenge, you should do the 30 burpees before you continue your run.


1. Jumping on fire - to easy for me
2. Cross over the bamboo - to easy for me

3. Barbed wire crawl in the mud - I love this and still too easy for me

4. Rope Climb and tapping the top - OMG to difficult especially no proper training for this. 
Hahaha but I am lucky I was successfully doing this obstacle. Not so easy for me.
 
5. Weight carry. - quite easy for me.

6. Walking in the wire - easy for me
7. Carrying bag of sand - slightly difficult

8. Balancing and crossing in the piece of wood
9. Climbing in the 6-foot wall  - hahaha quite easy
10. Walking in the long wood - easy
11. Javelin throw- easy but I failed to hit the target, so I need to do burpees.
12. Climbing on inclined wall

13. Wall Climbing - easy

14. Frog Crawl - really pagod na ako
15. Tires crossing - easy for me
16  Jumping on fire - easy na easy

17. Earbud pit
(I am not sure if tama ako sa mga terms ko )

But what makes me tired/disappointed on this race (opinion lang po)
1. No enough water station, grabe sobrang dehydrated ako at hilong hilo na dahil walang tubig.
2. In Rope Climbing I wish more marshals, because some runners ay nang daya po. at hindi na napansin na ng ibang marshals kasi busy din sila to monitor some runners.
3. Wala syado kuha na picture ang mga sprint na runner, na focus sa warrior po : (

But still hands up and bravo to Guerilla Run Management for making this event possible and enjoyable event. Congrats po!

FINISH LINE MOMENT
COOL FINISHER TROPHY FOR TOP 3 FINISHERS
MY SPRINT FINISHER MEDAL

PROUD TRD GUERILLA WARRIORS FINISHER  


 

With my Kuya: Proud Sprint & Warrior Finisher
BECAUSE OF THIS I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT LEVEL AND RUN ON THIS EVENT. WARRIOR CATEGORY IN MY NEXT GUERILLA RACE.

I am James Edlyn Pulanco proud Guerilla Warrior!


Thank you Guerilla Run official Photographer for the pictures



No comments: